A is traveling the challenges of dog-ownership with your canine companion. There are problems when traveling with any breed, but Boston Terriers come with their own set of special needs that must be addressed when making travel a long way. There are many ways, many tools, methods and techniques used for the management of traveling by car with your Boston Terrier. Some work better than others. But how is it possible to achieve the best results?
Understanding and the preparation is definitely the key. Likewise, the real key to getting good results with traveling with your Boston Terrier is much more knowledge about what works and is properly prepared before you travel.
Here are 5 tips for a smooth car travel with your Boston Terrier:
1. Take your Boston on a long walk before you get in the car. Just why is this important? Boston Terriers are energetic by nature, and can get bored and cranky when they still too long. This is exacerbated if they are not the chance for a good “restroom” break (which you know means that a number, if you already own a Boston) have had. Make sure your friend has time to run around and do his or her business just before a long car journey .. And what comes about if you follow this advice? You can be sure your Boston will be happy to sleep for a long part of the trip, and will comfortably stop until your first scheduled rest ..
2. Bring a dish filled with ice instead a bowl of water. Water tends to spill during a car ride, but it is imperative that your Boston have access to fresh cold drinking water at all times, especially if you are traveling in the summer months. The ice cream actually helps because Boston Terriers Brachycephalic (meaning that they have a short snout) and are very sensitive to overheating. The cold water will help your pet regulate their body temperature on a hot day.
3. Place shades in the car windows. Again, the main reason behind this is to heat intolerance of the Boston Terrier’s. While you may notice attracted your friend to sunlight on the floor of the living room, it is very important that they capture something shady .. It is also a good idea because Boston’s a very fine coats and run the risk of severe sunburn in exposure to direct sunlight for too long.
4. Have a comfortable car bed. And why is this a good idea? Car seats are molded for the comfort of human buttocks, not for the comfort of our canine friends. With stabbing of seatbelts and stitching in strange places they can be very uncomfortable for your dog on a long trip .. be another reason? Depending on the color of your car interior, the seats can (and belts), very hot – hot enough to burn your Boston. Having a special bed for your dog eliminates this risk.
5. Take breaks every 2-3 hours. And this will be important for the sake of what? Like humans, dogs need to take a break every so often. On a long drive to your Boston just as uncomfortable and restless as you can be. What other important reasons are there? It’s not healthy and comfortable for your dog to “hold” for a long time. If you notice that your dog is drinking a large portion of ice water you have provided, you may need to stop more often. A good indicator? If you need to go, they probably do
A final word of advice: .. Leave your Boston Terrier in the car on a hot and sunny day Even on a cool day , the temperature in a car 30 degree rise in less than 15 minutes, which can be fatal for your pet to travel.
If you follow these 5 tips carefully you expect to have a happy, comfortable adventure when road-tripping with your boston terrier.