Are you thinking about buying a travel trailer? There are so many decisions to make.
* Do you want a new or used trailer?
* Is this a cash purchase or finance?
* What are you willing to spend?
* If you get a 5th wheel, toy carrier or tongue pull travel trailer?
* manufacturer What are you interested in?
* What is the best plan for your needs?
If you’re undecided, you should start by looking at the pros and cons of buying used vs. buying new. Take your time when buying your trailer. Do your research and avoid spontaneous purchases.
of buying a used travel trailer PROS
* More value for money. A used travel trailer will keep more than worth a new trailer. A used trailer is the way to go if you want to save a search for money or do not want to be stuck with making payments for 10 years. You could get a used 252 with all the bells and whistles cheaper than a NEW 202 plain jane travel trailer.
* Do Your Research. Visit travel trailer forums and read what owners say about special travel trailers, both good and bad, this information could save you a lot of future headaches. Remember most of the travel trailers that are rarely purchased new campsite see no action, a large amount of trailers are either put in storage or parked at peoples homes. It is not unregular to state a used travel trailer in the showroom, can also be found older caravans from the 70’s in good condition.
* Used Caravans hold their value! If you get a good quality bargain on a used travel trailer and decide to sell a few years later you’ll have a great chance of getting your money back.
Disadvantages of buying a used Travel
* Potential problems. Buying a used travel trailer is a bit of a gamble, there may be minor problems or major problems and if you’re lucky – no problems with the trailer. In most cases, the warranty will have expired long ago, so the cost will be in your pocket. Do your homework right so problems will not be a surprise.
* Elbow Grease. You have to give a good cleaning your new trailer used, no matter what condition it’s in.
* Less selection of the ideal floor plans. Plans are limited by what’s currently for sale.
Benefits of Buying a New Travel Trailer
* Nice & Sparkling. It’s new, fresh and all yours!
* Warranty. If there are problems, take the trailer to your dealer and have them fix it for free!
* Maintenance free. You do not have to be bothered with the purchase of new tires, new battery, or any other part of at least one year or until the warranty has expired.
* Floor Plans. Many floor plans and interior colors to choose from.
Disadvantages of Buying a New Travel Trailer
* New depreciate Trailers Fast. A new travel trailer loses its value the moment you pull the dealers lot. If you go with little or no funding down, you will be “upside down” as a result more that the trailer is worth it, for years! If you sell your trailer, you probably owe more than what it is worth and have to come up with the difference in cash.
* The Cost. If you’re budget minded you almost certainly would not be caught from the monthly payments for the next 10 years in a travel trailer to be used at the most eight months of the year. Do the math, and figure out how much each camping trip will actually cost per year, just factoring in the monthly payments. Ouch! If your payments are $ 350 per month x 12 months = $ 4,200. $ 4,200 can buy a fantastic trip
used trailer and you will not be stuck with payments!